Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The funny things Camden does

Camden is growing up so fast. Every day he does something new that surprises us and we quickly learn how much he picks up on things. Yesterday he started walking! I have included a video of that.

Camden's favorite phrases are "all done" which sounds more like "aNaaah", and "no, no, no, no, no" while shaking his finger. (I wonder where he learned that one from?) His favorite time to say "all done" is during diaper changes, getting wiped down after meals, and when getting dressed. I will barely start any of these activities and he puts his hands up in kind of a shrugging motion to tell me that he is all done with it. As you can tell, he hates these particular activities.

He loves to tell the dog "no, no, no" for just about anything she does. Also if we do something that he doesn't like, he tells it to us. We are working with him being nice to the dog. It is now is absolute joy to take away whatever toy Marley has and proceed with hitting her with it. Marley is so good natured that she just takes it and winces, looking to me as if to say, "help"! She hasn't quite figured out that she can just walk away.

Camden is also having an aversion to most foods right now. I dont' know what caused it, he used to be a human vacuum cleaner and eat anything and everything. Now it is a miracle if he eats the first thing I fix him. Of course we do have some general fail safes that he loves to eat, such as Cheerios, Yogurt, Applesauce, crackers, and toast or bread. He refuses to drink water, so I have learned to put a small amount of juice in his cup and fill the rest with water. That seems to do the trick.

He is now feeling better and has been very good and letting other people hold him and take care of him. Thank Goodness!

1 comment:

Cherie Nelson said...

Wow! Look how big he is! That is awesome!