Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How to post comments

I have had a number of people ask me how to post comments on my blog. They have either tried and it didn't work, or they didn't know how to try. So I experimented with some things and here is what I found out.

If you want to leave a comment, click on the comments link on the bottom of the entry. It will take you to a page where you can write your comments. To the right of that page are some options of how to let me know that it is you writing the comment. It automatically defaults to the blogger/Google I.D. This is probably the easiest if you have a Gmail or blogger account. Simply type in your blogger or Gmail user name and password and then your comment will post.

There is also a choice for signing in with a URL. So, if you have a web page, any web page, it doesn't have to be Blogger, you can type your name in the name field and the URL for your web page in the URL field, and then you can post the comment.

The last way that I figured out is for anonymous guests. This is also very easy. You just select the Anonymous choice and you fill in nothing else. The only catch with that is that in the body of your message you will need to tell me who you are, otherwise I won't know it is you since there is no required log in for that.

I hope that helps any of you who have wondered how to do this. I think there was one other option on there, but I couldn't figure that one out, so don't worry about it!

Now you have no excuse not to make comments! I'd love to hear from you all!

No comments: