We went camping last weekend for Father's Day. We only stayed one night (last Friday). Camden had a blast helping Aaron put up the tent......well, he jumped all over the tent while Aaron tried to set it up! By the way, we have the biggest tent ever. I sort of have this compulsive problem with getting the best value for my dollar. So as it turned out the biggest tent possible was the best value, and the rest is history. Marley loved being outdoors.
There was this big meadow right behind our campsite that had a spring running through it and she just ran like crazy through there, splashing back and forth through the spring. We roasted marshmallows that night, and got Camden to sleep. Aaron and I stayed up a little while longer, just hanging out. Then sometime in the midd
All in all, I think we got about 3 hours of sleep. And of course, Camden is an absolute Mama's boy, so he would not hav
Once morning came, Aaron took Camden outside with him to cook breakfast on our new camp stove! Actually, it was my birthday present last year, but we haven't had a chance to use it yet. So Aaron and Camden were our professional camp cooks. We cooked New York steaks, bacon and oatmeal.
When we checked out the following day, the camp host told us that during the night a black bear was wandering through camp and had taken one camper's bag of dog food. We were warned when we checked in that there was a bear seen there, so we kept all of our food in the car, including Marley's. I was kind of freaked out t
We camped in a place called Boca Reservoir up in Tahoe. It was only about 30 minutes from home. I love that there are so many cool and beautiful places to enjoy the outdoors here. Next time we may try Stampede Reservoir, we've heard good things about that one too.
1 comment:
We are going camping this weekend. This will be Carter's first camping trip....hopefully he sleeps good. I'm glad you didn't run into the bear, that would have been frightening huh?!
Post a Comment