Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our fun day at the zoo

Pre-cursor: This post has taken me an hour and a half. The lay-out isn't pretty, but I have yet to figure out how to post multiple pictures without the entire layout getting screwed up. I can't win the battle today, sorry for the discontinuity, I hope you can still piece it together and figure it out, I'm too angry and frustrated to try anymore.

Aaron had a tough time waking up on Monday. After he had slept in well past time to go to work, I finally asked, "are you going to work today?" To which he answered, "I can't decide!" So finally he decided to take the first half of the day off. We first went out to breakfast at Mimi's, and
Then we went to the zoo. This zoo claims to be the largest zoo in all of Nevada. I had high hopes! When we arrived, I had to chuckle a little, the Idaho Falls zoo was bigger than this one. But it was a zoo nonetheless, and Camden got to see animals. You would think that would be the highlight for Camden. However, each cage that we went to contained a ball for its respective animal to play with. Remember my previous post about Camden and balls? Well, needless to say, Camden didn't care a lick about the animals, he just wanted the balls, and became very upset at each cage we passed by without allowing him to have the ball. I was ready to throw in the towel and go home when we finally happened upon the petting zoo.

Here is where things got interesting. This little petting zoo had deer, goats, and cows. The minute we walked in, we were greeted by a very friendly deer that started to chew on our clothes! It then stole Camden's hat off of his head! It was hysterical. We would try to move away from the deer, only to discover that it was following closely behind, chewing on the bottom of our pant legs or on shoe laces. What a bold deer!

When we finally saw some little goats, Camden was thrilled. He ran over to them, and they immediately ran away. The same thing happened with the cows. He was chasing them all over the place, just trying to pet them, but they wanted nothing to do with him. Only the deer were so bold as to let a one year old near them. Camden even picked up the food off of the ground and shoved it into the face of a goat, and the goat wouldn't eat it from his hand. What a stubborn goat. I have probably included way too many photos, but I hope you enjoy them. We wish Dad would stay home with us more often!

1 comment:

Lara Zierke said...

Love the video. You'd think that it would be easy to please a child who only wanted balls. But apparently, it's a trickier request than one might think.