I am often asked how this pregnancy is going, and how I am feeling. Well, I feel awful, so I guess that means that the pregnancy is going well. It's a double edged sword, you know, if you want a healthy pregnancy then you gotta be sick! Poor Camden walks around the house making gagging noises as he has heard and seen me throw up way too many times. He sometimes will lean his head over the toilet and spit into it! I guess that's what he thinks mommy is doing.
We had our first ultrasound on Tuesday. We were 7 weeks, 5 days at that point, and guess what? The little Lima bean had a heart beat and was moving around! So, that is excellent news for us. We just hope that heart keeps beating for good now. We are definitely not out of the woods yet.
The unfortunate news is that the doctor spotted a subchorionic hematoma. For those of you who just said a sub-a-what? You're not alone, that's what I said. It is a hemorrhage between the placenta and the uterus that occurs in only about one percent of pregnancies. The doctor said that it is not close to the baby at this time and is small, but he wants to keep a close eye on it. He scheduled me for another ultrasound in a week, and one the following week after that. I got home that night and didn't think much of it, in fact, I couldn't even remember what the doctor had called it. So I googled the name to the best I could remember it, and I found out all sorts of information that the doctor didn't tell me. Maybe he didn't want to scare me just yet, but oy, there are a lot of complications that this little hematoma can cause. The biggest risk is it causing either the placenta or the baby to detach from the uterus, thus causing a miscarriage.
The other risks are lots of bleeding from the hematoma bleeding out, bed rest, and later on in the pregnancy it can cause abruptio placentae. On the other hand, it could be completely a non-issue and will either bleed out or re-absorb into the uterus.
So, it looks like once we get past our usual risk milestone of 12 weeks, we will still not be out of the woods if this little hematoma doesn't go away. I could be in for a really rocky pregnancy. Aaron tells me to stop looking stuff up online because I am only scaring myself and that we will have no problems. I hope he is right!
I am finding that as sick as I have been that I am very reliant on Aaron to help me around the house and with Camden. I know that Aaron wants to be able to help, but it certainly hasn't been conducive to him getting the time in that he needs to study for his exams. So, I will be leaving tomorrow to go to Idaho to visit my parents for a few days. That way Aaron will not have us around as a distraction, and I can get the R&R that I need. My parents are pulling their new trailer up to Island Park today, and I am so excited to go visit them. I haven't been to for a long time, and I love to go in the summer, especially to Island Park. I am really looking forward to it.
11 years ago
4 comments:
Not knowing if your baby is growing okay is really tough. This is the time that you spend many nights praying and having faith. I will say extra prayer for you and your little family~
Have fun in Island Park, how long are you visiting in Idaho? Take care.
Hey Nat! I will be in Idaho until probably Monday or Tuesday. I will likely be in Island Park the entire time because I won't have a car (I'm flying in). I leave Reno in an hour!
I am so glad you got some R&R at your parents. I really hope things start looking better for you and your pregnancy. John always tells me to stop searching the internet so much as well, I know how you feel though when you just want to know some answers, but I have to agree with the guys, sometimes it just best to rely on faith. Know that you are in our prayers and we are here for you any time day or night.
The only thing I could think while I was reading you post was "It's just not fair" I wish you could have peace of mind all around. I hope everything ends up o.k. I find myself thinking of you often and wondering how your pregnancy is doing. I do the same thing and scare myself on the Internet.Thanks for the update. Have fun in Island Park.
Post a Comment