Friday, August 29, 2008

Summer Fun!

We finally got out the last couple of weeks to enjoy the activities that Reno has to offer in the summer. We went to the fair last week and to the national rib cook-off yesterday. Here are some pictures of the last few weeks.

I was cleaning the kitchen and trying to get rid of clutter on the counter. I decided to get rid of these sugar/flour canisters. When I was cleaning the others, I hadn't paid much attention to the fact that Camden had found the sugar one. He had a blast, needless to say, and I didn't give him any more sugar for a week!

These are the flowers that Aaron gave me for our anniversary. Aren't they gorgeous? Costco does such a great job and it's the only place that I let Aaron buy flowers from because they actually last a long time, are affordable, and always gorgeous!


I ran out of swim diapers, so I couldn't take Camden to the pool. We just got creative and did the next best thing. He was fine with it, and I didn't have to get wet!


Camden enjoyed riding the ponies at the fair. He also loved all of the other animals, especially the sheep and the cows. He wasn't too fond of the pigs because when the squealed it would scare him. He would shake his finger at the pigs and tell them, "No, no!" He wasn't the least bit interested in rides, this year anyway! I'd much rather look at the animals anyway!



Last night we went to the rib cook-off and we bought a giant lemonade that had real lemons in it. My vote for best ribs goes to Famous Dave's, YUM!! Camden drank a ton of the lemonade, and as you can see, enjoyed the lemons themselves very much! He actually was eating chunks out of the rind! Several people walking past stopped and laughed and said what a funny kid he was.


2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Cute pictures. I love the sugar incident!

That first picture of "Dam" eating the lemon just makes him look so grown up. Totally a little boy.

Where did your baby go?

Nicole said...

Wow, eating chunks of lemon...seeing that totally made me pucker!