Saturday, August 2, 2008

We interrupt these pictures for birthday updates!

I still have more pictures to post, but I wanted to quickly write about our birthday month, July. On July 18th, Aaron turned 30 and Camden turned one and a half. I know that isn't a real birthday, but it means he can go to nursery now so it's a big half birthday to us! Then on the 24th of July, I turned 29, again. (If I keep telling myself that, I can maybe convince myself that I haven't really turned 30).

I was travelling to Idaho on my b-day, so when I returned home earlier this week I was so surprised to find a mailbox full of cards and a phone full of messages. Thanks so much to each of you who remembered. I apologize if we haven't gotten back to you yet, and I promise we will!

So, in honor of my wonderful hubby, and an idea that I am stealing from my sister Lara, I would like to let Aaron know of my 30 favorite things about him.

1. You like to make breakfast for me on the weekends.
2. You work incredibly hard to support our family.
3. You can make Camden laugh like no one else can, and it is like music in our home.
4. You have a great love for your Jeep, even though we can't put a car seat in it and it only gets 14 mpg.
5. You came to my rescue after Camden and I were in a car accident.
6. You have given blood for our pursuit to have children (anyone who knows Aaron knows how much of a feat this is for him, he even passed out during it).
7. You have been my rock and support every time we ended up in the E.R followed by the O.R. after losing our babies.
8. You gave me Camden.
9. You are perfectly happy to live in a t-shirt & jeans, sleep in them, wear them again the next day, etc.
10. You only shave once a week at a maximum.
11. You put your full faith in me that I am able to cut your hair, even though we have only had one successful episode in 6 years.
12. You put up with snow on the 4th of July in Idaho.
13. You introduced me to the Amish culture.
14. I love that you think you grew up in a big city (population 56,000, my little town of Idaho Falls has 50,000)
15. You like my family.
16. You make every person feel like they are the most important person in the world.
17. Kids love you and you love kids.
18. You still married me even after I nearly killed you in a boating accident right after we got engaged.
19. You rub my back and hold my hair when I throw up.
20. You love your family.
21. You are the best father to Camden, Marley, & Wembley.
22. You have studied so hard for you CPA, I know you will get it this month!
23. You are the best looking guy I have ever met and the best kisser I know.
24. You continue to take trips with me even when I inevitably go into frantic, stressed-out, trip-zilla mode. Somehow you get me through it.
25. You are very outgoing and make friends easily. It helps me to make friends with all of their wives since I am so socially inept.
26. When I told you that I loved corned beef (crock pot, real stuff), you made me corned beef hash!
27. You took me to the Caribbean to live after we got married.
28. You'll eat anything.
29. You are completely content sleeping in our full sized bed that we have had since we've been married, even though your feet hang off and the dog crowds us.
30. You loved me back.

No comments: