Saturday, November 22, 2008

Young Women in Excellence





In case you have all been wondering what I've been up to on my "take it easy" orders, I have been very busy planning and putting on Young Women in Excellence. I know, I wasn't very good at following orders, but this was a night that had to happen, and now I can take it easier.

We did a coronation ceremony where we crowned each of the girls queens in God's Kingdom. The girls' did a little skit and it was really nice. I have posted some pictures from the night for you to enjoy. My presidency did such a great job with putting this together. We had chicken cordon bleu for dinner, a royal court set up, and one of the ward members even built a throne for us to use! If any of you out there also work in YW and want the script to what we used, just let me know and I can send it your way.

My camera battery was nearly dead, so I am disappointed that I wasn't able to get more pictures, especially of the how the tables were set up like a royal feast. Oh well, it will live on in my head!

Now I just have to start planning New Beginnings....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, it looks like that turned out so nice. You are so fantastic at your calling! Great job, now you really need to take it easy!

Miranda said...

What a great idea! Looks like it turned out awesome! So I have to laugh didn't we sluff young women's all the time? Oh the memories.