Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pregnancy progression

I had an appointment with my doctor last week, and things are still looking about the same. I still have regular contractions, but we are able to calm those down by just resting, so no change there. My cervix has thinned from 5 cm to 4.5 cm. That is still a very safe range, but the fact that it is thinning at all has my doctor a little concerned, but not majorly. I still just have to do the same thing, which is take it easy and not allow myself to have a bunch of contractions. That's easier said than done! He did another ultrasound since I am measuring small, but the baby is measuring just fine (same thing happened with Camden). The weight is approximately 2.4 pounds! Tiny little thing.

I took Marley across the street yesterday for only about 20 minutes to throw a ball for her since the poor dog has been cooped up for days. It wasn't anything strenuous, but I had 3 contractions in that time. So we stopped and went inside and relaxed. So when you visit my house and wonder why it's a mess and the dog is hyper, now you know! Some things just have to go to the wayside for right now, and that is fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, make sure you take it easy. Housework will just have to wait.

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey! Take it easy babe, you are, after all, growing the most precious gift inside of you. :) Oh my gosh, I can't tell you what that blog called "Audrey's Story" or whatever has touched me. I just started reading it last week and just finished this week. Lots of posts!!! I couldn't believe some of the SAME stuff we did and went through. Crazy. It was amazing though, and I'm all caught up now. Thank you so much for that! Praying for you and the little one inside of you!! xoxo Luv u Julie!