For those of you who don't know (probably most of you), Aaron was laid off last month. A week before Audrey was born, actually. Nice company, huh? " Oh, you're having a baby? Great, here's your pink slip." It wasn't totally unexpected as his company has been doing lay-offs since last October, but it's something that was not a reality until it happened.
So, the winds of change are blowin'. With a new baby, Aaron home, and an uncertain future, things feel a little weird. Aaron has great work experience and a lot of business contacts, so hopefully it won't be long until something comes up. He currently has interviews lined up in Tucson, AZ, Bellingham, WA, and St. George, UT. We're hoping to add more irons to the fire though, so if you know of some great finance/accounting jobs, please let us know! Who knows where we will end up, but there's a good chance that we will be leaving Reno in the near future.
11 years ago
10 comments:
Good Luck Aaron, we'll let you know if we hear of anything!!
't he with Deloitte? They are notorious for dumping on people! We call it the "bad place". Mitch really loves his job at Idaho Power in Boise... lots colder and I don't know if they are even hiring, but it would be fun to have you back in Idaho!
sorry, apparently I can't type... the first word on my post is supposed to be "isn't". Sorry.
You sound like you are handling it all o.k. I hope so much something comes along! I will keep my ears open.Wish you lived closer so I could take some pictures of your baby, I am dying to do a newborn baby girl!
I'm sure he'll be able to get something, especially with him passing the CPA exam! Who is he interviewing with in St. George? We will keep our ears open... We are trying to decide what we want to do ourselves! Maybe we'll both end up in St. George! That would be fun!
We will CERTAINLY keep you guys in our prayers!
Julie,
I am so sorry to hear about your stress! Last thing you need right now. We will be thinking of you and your family and if I hear anything I will let you know. Hopefully one of the interviews will work out. Is that you and your new baby in the picture in the sidebar? It is beautiful! I love it.
I have a new account and I am still working out the kinks. That post above is from Brooke FitzSimmons (Fuller) incase you know more Brookes than just me!
I'm so sorry-- that stupid company! We'll keep our ears open. On a side not, I LOVE your wedding picture!!!
Hang in there Jules! So glad you and baby Audrey are doing well. It would be really cool if you ended up in St. George- we might actually get to see each other.
Post a Comment