Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thoughts on Tucson

Aaron and I just spent 4 days in Tucson, and so far this is what I am excited about:
1: Gas is $1.79 per gallon!
2: Airport parking is only $2.50 per day in the economy lot.
3: Housing is cheap!! The locals think that an expensive house is $250K and above. The average house is about $170K; wow!!
4: There's a lot of cool recreation around for hiking and exploring.
5: Authentic Mexican food... yummy!!
6: Our new rental house is twice the size of our current house for almost the same price. It's in e cul de sac and has a nice backyard with a play structure that Camden is going to love. The community has a pool, volley-ball & basket-ball courts, and walking trails. Here's a picture of our house.

8 comments:

W.W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
W.W. said...

We are excited for you guys! Looks like you might have room for visitors??? :-)

The White House said...

What a wonderful time for you all sounds like life will be a lot of fun for you in Tuscan AZ.

Anonymous said...

yea for you guys! it sounds like you are moving to an awesome place. we will miss having you guys here and Sam will definitely miss Camden!

Anonymous said...

I sounds like it will be a good move for you guys, but we are sure going to miss you.

CM Stephensen said...

Exciting!!!
I'm wondering how far Tucson is from Phoenix?

Danila said...

We are sure going to to miss the entire Groff crew! But what a great opportunity for you all. Your house is so cute and it will be so much fun for Camden to have a place to play. Please be sure to let us help you all we can before you leave, we (and the entire ward) are so willing to help. You and your family have always been there for so many as well. We Love you guys and look forward to hearing so much more from you in Tucson..

Hays Family said...

What a beautiful house! I'm sure we will enjoy visiting you often. Good luck with the move and I'm so thankful your friends there in Reno are willing to help you with your move. We would love to help you with the driving.