Sunday, November 8, 2009

Milestone Mania

The last month our kids have done a lot of growing up. I wish I had pictures of all of these things, but my camera is still packed up somewhere from the move and I have yet to find it. Once I do, I will add some pics to this post, so keep checking back. Let's start with Audrey for once.

Within the last week, Audrey has sprouted her first tooth. I didn't even notice that she was teething as she hasn't been fussy at all. She's been doing the army crawl for the last six weeks, but last week she just started crawling on her hands and knees. She still prefers the army method though as she is much faster at it, for now. She has also begun to pull herself up on things. This usually ends in a tumble somewhere and a good bonking of the head. Two days ago she sat up for the first time. Now she's doing it all the time like she's always been doing it. She is also starting to show great interest in the stairs, so baby gates will be in order very soon. There is one milestone that she hasn't hit yet and that is sleeping through the night. She is still up two to three times each night. She doesn't cry, she just gets up and jabbers and wants to play and eat. I'm very over it!

Camden has been the one doing the most growing up. Last month he made the transition to a toddler bed. He couldn't be more thrilled with it! We found a really cool Thomas the Train bed which absolutely made the transition a smooth one. Now the only trouble is keeping him in bed when it is bedtime.

The next major thing that Camden has accomplished is that he is now potty trained!! He's been doing so well and very rarely has an accident now. He stays dry through naps, but still wears a pull-up at night. I'm sure that will continue for a while. We are so proud of him. His favorite part is washing his hands afterwards, which we of course, love as well.

Maybe the biggest thing that Camden has accomplished just took place last night. Camden willingly, and on his own, gave up his binky. He's been on his last one for a while now and it has been cracking. I let him know a while ago that once this binky was broken all the way that it would be time to get rid of it and there would not be anymore binkys for him. He took that very seriously and was super careful with his binky. He wouldn't even take it out of his room anymore and only used it during sleeping times (something we'd always tried to emphasize). He treated it like gold so that it wouldn't break anymore. We talked about that when it did break that we would send it to the binky fairy and she would exchange it for a special toy.

Well, a couple of weeks ago he contracted hand, foot and mouth disease and had some horrible mouth sores. As it turns out it really hurt his mouth to suck on the binky, so he just put it in the cubby hole in his bed and told me that when his mouth was better he would use it again. There it has sat for a couple of weeks, even after his mouth was better. Over the past few days, he would look at it and ask if he could give his broken binky to the binky fairy now. So last night he did it, all on his own! He put the binky in a gift bag and put it in the mailbox. Then he went to bed. When he woke up, the gift bag was on the doorstep and inside was a Toy Story toy with Buzz, Woody and a rocket ship. He is so excited by this and has hardly left that toy alone. He hasn't even asked about the binky. What a big boy! It really helps that he did this on his own and that we didn't traumatically take it from him.

My babies are growing up. :(

5 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

I am so impressed with Camden. You must be so excited that he's finally potty trained. Joci doesn't even seem close to crawling/scooting/army crawling that is' weird to think Audrey is there. I'm sure Joci will figure it out eventually.

Frederick Family said...

It's time for another one then. Ha ha!! Sad to see the babies grow up but so fun when you see their joy in their own accomplishments. I wish the binky fairy was around when my boys gave their binkies, I would have felt less guilty.

mds said...

such a cute binky story! soundss like you a are a great mommy!!! hugs, michelle

Carlie said...

Kids do grow up so fast don't they! It's a bitter-sweet thing. Your kids are so cute! I love the binky idea! We'll have to try that some time.

Miranda Frischknecht said...

you are such a good mom! Your kiddo's are growing up! Time to have more! :)