Thursday, September 23, 2010

What's new in this pregnancy

So, I am three weeks away from my due date. It's that time in the pregnancy when everything just hurts and I want to be done. But there is a certain comfort with still having this baby inside of me like being able to get a full night's sleep, being able to leave the house for a few hours and not feel worried about if a baby needs me, not having to worry about why the baby is crying, and other things such as these that inevitably come with having a newborn. I am looking forward to meeting our little guy but I will enjoy my last few weeks of semi-freedom while I can.

I've already gotten the important things out of the way like having a pedicure and a haircut. Oh yeah, and I did get the baby's clothes washed and hung up too. Next will be on to some major cleaning and hopefully making some freezer meals.

I have started doing my non-stress tests (NSTs) this week. For more information on that go here . I will go twice a week until the baby is born. This is due to the chromosomal disorder that I have called MTHFR. This is a chromosomal abnormality that I have that causes a few different complications during pregnancy, one of which is miscarriage. Basically my blood will not absorb folate and that can lead to a variety of problems such as miscarriage, spina bifida, down syndrome and other things. Where it becomes dangerous in the last few weeks of pregnancy is that it can cause blood clots in the placenta or the umbilical cord leading to stillbirth. So I just have to be monitored closely to ensure that the baby isn't under any kind of stress. So far so good.

Being able to conceive and carry babies to term is such a blessing and I recognize that. But sometimes I would love to be able to bend over to put my clothes or shoes on, I could cough without a little pee leaking out, or that my armpits didn't hurt because several weeks ago milk backed up into the mammary glands, that my ribs didn't feel like they were breaking, and a host of other too personal to post things. In the end it is all worth it though, right? :)

3 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

I hope it's all worth it! :) I know it means a lot to you to be able to carry and have your babies. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves it's worth it - but it's still okay to complain and have pity parties. As long as they include pedicures. :) Wish I could've gotten pedis with you. Miss you, sis!

sorichfamily said...

okay...the two Lara's will cheer you on!

You are awesome! You are doing great! A few more days/weeks and you will have a sweet new little bundle of newborn yumminess!

I know how you feel...you deserve to feel that way! Just enjoy relaxing and cuddling your two little ones and make Aaron be your man slave! Tell him I said so!! :)

Good Luck! We will be praying for you and we can't wait to see the newest addition! You can do it! love you!

Marisa Hodges said...

OMG you are so close! i can hardly believe it! I need to copy your to do list before baby! freezer meals is genius! i wonder what you make though besides lasagna? i could use some good idea tips! Cant wait to see your next blog post!