For the first time in months Aaron was home by dinner last Monday. He had the great idea to go out to dinner for family home evening. To make it official, we said a prayer before we left and sang songs as we drove. We ate at Panda Express and then went to Target to shop. On the way home we decided to have a quick Q&A lesson. It went like this.
Me: Hey guys, Is there anything you want to know about Jesus?
Camden: Me! Me! I will protect him from the bad guys!
Audrey: He-Man!
Me: Okay, that's great. But is there something you would like to know about Jesus?
Camden: When the bad guys come to get him, I will fight them down!
Aaron: Let me tell you a story about Jesus. Once Jesus was on a boat with his friends and a terrible storm came.
Camden: I know this one! I saw it on Dora!
Aaron: Oh! Hmmmmm, so all of Jesus' friends were afraid of the storm.
Camden: Dora wasn't!!
So there you have it. Dora apparently made an appearance in the New Testament, as did He-Man. I guess we were the ones learning the lesson! I love kids!
11 years ago
3 comments:
They say to take advantage of those teaching moments. You have been well taught.
So cute. WE weren't very successful at FHE until the kids were a bit bigger. Until then you just have to roll with it.
That is hilarious! I can hear my Simon saying the exact same things especially the bad guys stuff. Maybe I should mix up our tv selection with a little He-man.
Post a Comment