Lately she has developed an imaginary friend. Actually, it is an imaginary big brother. His name is Bongo. He is dead and lives in Heaven with Grandma. His arms and legs were cut off with a sword, a crab poked his eyes out, and he was stabbed in the heart. Audrey tells us that Bongo visits her frequently. She has drawn pictures of Bongo and often has conversations with him. Once I got in trouble for sitting on Bongo.
Audrey just started her second year of preschool with Miss Malia. She loves school and squeals each time I tell her it is a preschool day. She also just started to take dance lessons and has really enjoyed that. Audrey tried a season of soccer last winter, but that was not her favorite thing . Mostly she picked dandelions on the field during the games.
I really have to be vigilant when we go out places. As I stated earlier, Audrey has no fear. So she has no problem walking right out of a store when I am preoccupied. I once lost her at a gas station in rural Utah. I finally found her outside of the store sitting on a bench. I have found her outside of a store on more than one occasion. She also will talk to anybody...friendliest kid ever, but definitely doesn't get the whole stranger danger thing.
After begging me to cut her hair for a long time, I finally conceded and cut a few inches off. She was so enamored by it all that a few days later she cut some more off. Audrey will climb anything. We have a bowflex exercise machine in our garage that is only a foot or two from the ceiling. She loves to climb on to the top of it and perch there. It scares me to death. I also will frequently find her sitting on top of my van, trying to climb our big Mesquite tree. She loves to move and wiggle and doesn't like to sit in any type of chair for long. At dinner we sometimes use Aaron's belt to strap her in her chair so that she will stay put.
Audrey is a noticer. I have to remember to leave for places twice as early as I need to because she loves to collect every rock, leaf, or feather along the way. She also has to climb every tree, smell every flower and talk to everyone along the way. Even if she is desperate to go the bathroom and it is running down her legs she will stop and look at five things on her way to the potty, even if it is the toys that she left out on the living room floor. I try so hard to not be frustrated by this and to admire her awareness and love for the world around her. Maybe we are all too much in a hurry.
Audrey definitely keeps me on my toes, but I sure do love her. I admire her friendliness and selflessness and her zest for life. Everyone should have a little more "Audrey" in their lives.
| Audrey on Easter |
![]() |
| Cake pops on her 4th birthday |
Audrey's Elephant cake (elephants are her favorite)
Audrey and Camden having a peanut race during her Elephant party

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment