Sunday, July 27, 2014

A New Year's Day hike in the desert

On New Year's Day we decided to take the kids for a walk at Colossal Cave.  It isn't too far from where we live and the weather was perfect.  Unfortunately, Audrey was extremely sick.  She was throwing up and had a fever.  I planned on staying home with her, but she cried and cried when she realized she would be left behind.  So we decided we would just take it easy and bring her along since it was so important to her.  I think she took about 10 actual steps of her own before Aaron carried her the rest of the way.

Getting ready to hike!

Hitting cactus with a stick is a must do thing when you are hiking in the desert.

Poor, sick girl who refuses to miss out on anything.  She must be related to her Grandma Hays.

I thought this Saguaro looked like it had a brain growing on its top.

I tried to get a little family shot, but bees were swarming, so this is the best I could get.  Aaron is swatting one away from Patrick's head.

Well, it's not the Teton Valley, but it's what we've got here for views. :)

No comments: