Sunday, July 27, 2014

Audrey's 5th Birthday

Pretty excited about her new dollhouse/castle
Audrey turned 5 on February 17th.  We had a little celebration that day for her.  She got to wake up to this Princess Castle in the morning, then took cupcakes to school for a celebration there.  The rest of the day was a little busy because Camden had soccer that evening (Aaron was coaching).  We planned on doing her cake/presents after soccer.

During the practice I received a call from a good friend of mine that she was at Urgent Care with her 4 boys, husband out of town, and wondered if I could come pick 3 of them up as they were transporting her oldest by ambulance to the ER because he was really sick.  So I went to pick up her boys.  By the time we got them back to our house, and fed everyone dinner it was late.  But we weren't about to skip presents and cake!  So by that evening Audrey's hair was a little crazy, but that never stopped a girl from enjoying cake and presents!  Actually, it was cupcakes...the same ones that we sent to preschool earlier that day.  I made her special cake a few days later for her "friends" birthday party.
Anxiously awaiting presents

She loves Princesses!

Make a wish!

"Frozen" cupcakes
 Audrey loves "Frozen," of course.  What little girl doesn't at this stage??  She loves princesses and playing dress-up.  She absolutely loves to go to school and loves her preschool teacher Miss Malia.  She loves to do ballet. She's very outgoing, social, independent *stubborn*, eager to learn, likes helping in the kitchen and is an energetic daredevil.
This was the cake I made for her party.

Indoor snowball fight with marshmallows since we were unexpectedly rained out

The kids had a blast throwing "snowballs" at each other...and eating them too!

"Pin the nose on Olaf"  Camden did a great job!

I love how intently these 2 friends are discussing the placement of the noses

Painting snow flakes with Epsom Salt and water.  When dried the "paint" was white and sparkly

Birthday Girl!


Make a Wish!!

One of her friends gave her an Anna doll.  Do you think she liked it??

Olaf with all of his noses.  My friend made this Olaf out of wood and let us borrow it for the party.

I made paper snowflakes and taped them to the windows, sprayed with spray-on-snow, then removed the snowflakes.  You can see the rainy day through the window.  Such a bummer, the weather is usually so perfect in February!

I put food coloring in the water to make it go with the "Frozen theme"

Snacks: Frozen grapes, yogurt covered pretzels in the "Frozen" colors, and carrots and pretzels for reindeer food.

No comments: