I love visiting Salt Lake; I have so many friends and family there. That also tends to pose a problem every time I go. Everyone wants to see Camden and I and there are never enough days to do it. During this trip we did get to see Grammy Carol and Uncle Jordan (Aaron's Mom and brother), Aunt Stephanie and the cousins, Uncle Brad's kids who are Camden's cousins, and some of my friends. If only I had enough time to see everyone! I rarely see my half-brothers who live in Salt Lake and I also rarely see any of my own aunts, uncles and cousins. In fact, I think they have all only seen Camden for about 30 minutes at a party last November. That is the drawback of living so far away!
After a couple of short days in Salt Lake, it was off to St. George to visit my parents. As luck would have it, the day after we arrived, Camden woke up with a terrible, croup type cough, fever, and runny nose. He was so fussy and would not go to anyone but Mom. So my few days of anticipated relaxation turned fully into the Mommy show. He wouldn't let anyone else get near him, except occasionally my brother Brad, and if I wasn't around,
We postponed driving home for a couple of days as the doctor was worried about how all of the elevation changes would affect his ears. We waited until we couldn't wait anymore and then my mom once again drove with us. The drive from St. George to Reno is far more brutal than the one to/from Salt Lake. It takes most people around 8 hours, but with us it took more like 10. There is no freeway to take, so it is a lonely drab highway up through the center of Nevada. A good portion of it is Area 51 along the Extra Terrestrial highway. Man do I hate that drive!
Camden did surprisingly well on the drive and when we got home he was all about his Daddy, much to my relief! I finally caught a break! Aaron was so glad to have us home and asked us to not leave again for a long time.
It was a fortunate thing that my Mom happened to be with us. The next morning I had a doctor's appointment to confirm a pregnancy test that we had taken. We were disappointed to discover that the 10 week old fetus did not have a heartbeat. I was scheduled for a D&C that day. Thank goodness Grandma was around to baby-sit Camden and stick around for a day or two to help out with my recovery. It has been a little tricky because I have been instructed to not lift anything over 15 pounds. Try telling that to a little boy who wants his mommy.
My mom has now gone home, my recovery is well, and Camden is feeling better. We have pretty well fallen back into a normal routine and so you will most likely be hearing from me more often again!
3 comments:
Julie so glad for you to get time in with your family, sorry it turned into an adventure though.
Sorry about the pregnancy my heart goes out to you.
Jules-
So sorry about your medical difficulties-you are a wonder woman to get through it all. I hope you are doing better! I am thinking of you and praying for you.
Love,
Melissa
Julie, I hope you don't mind, I happened upon your blog from someone elses blog, anyways, I lived up at the U village with you and I just wanted to say I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I also know first hand how hard that is. I am glad that your mom was there with you for a little extra support. I hope that you are feeling better.
Tricia Wilkinson
Post a Comment