Sunday, May 4, 2008

A visit from Hailey

Last Sunday, Hailey came to stay with us for a few days so that I could care for her. She seemed to have a good time and seemed completely baffled by Camden. Camden loved having her around. I say that Hailey seemed baffled because I don't think she has been around very many toddlers before. Camden naturally picks things (anything) up and gives them to whomever is standing closest. Hailey was the intended recipient of many of his gifts, and they were usually something that she didn't want, such as a remote control, left over chicken nugget, a piece of paper, etc. She would just give him a look like, "what are you doing?"

Then of course there is Camden's babble and high pitched shrieks. Both of those seemed to confound Hailey, particularly if he was doing either during a prayer! It was very entertaining to watch. Hailey told me that she thinks Camden must think that she is a really big toy. I got a chuckle out of that and told her that she is absolutely right!

We had a fun time together. Two days in a row I took Hailey to my friend's house who has a little girl named Jayden. The two got along famously and had such a fun time. They were so cute when it was time to go, they hugged each other and told the other that they would miss them. Aaron and I took Camden and Hailey to Circus Circus to play and they had so much fun. We watched Circus performances and won stuffed animals and just had a ball. At one point in the night Camden was being quite grumpy. Hailey suggested that we give Camden away. I laughed and said that we would miss Camden very much. She thought for a minute and came up with the solution that we could trade him in and get a new Camden that was happy and give this Camden away. Very funny, Hailey!

No comments: