Last Wednesday I flew to Idaho Falls to attend my sister, Lara's, college graduation. It was so fun to be with family. My parents, Stephanie and her kids, and Jordan and his family, and of course Lara and Justin were all there. I spent 2 nights at Lara's and had a great time catching up with everyone. Camden was so excited to play with the other kids. Poor Afton had a similar reaction to Camden as Hailey did. I think it is because neither Afton nor Hailey have siblings and they aren't used to it. Steph's kids loved Camden, and Mason was very excited about Camden's stinky diapers. He exclaimed, "Oh boy! I get to smell his diaper, that is my favorite smell!" I allowed him the great pleasure of taking all of the stinky diapers out to the curbside garbage.
It snowed for the 2 days that I was in Idaho. I was quickly reminded of why I don't live there anymore. It's too bad, because it is such a beautiful place with so much fun recreational opportunities. But I won't tolerate that weather anymore, so my visits are generally limited to summertime months. Although, about 5 years ago, it did snow on Aaron and I up there on the 4th of July. Aaron never lets me forget it either!
After 2 days in Idaho, the entire family made the short drive to Salt Lake to attend Jonah and Mason's baptisms. I stayed one night there and flew home last night. Once I got home, I realized that I had made the trip to attend the graduation and baptisms, but as motherhood would have it, I was out in the hall with my noisy toddler who can't sit still for both events. Why do I bother? Oh yeah, I guess because it's fun to see the family, even if I don't get to see the event!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment