Sunday, May 4, 2008

Earthquakes

So, Reno has been quite the hot spot for earthquakes lately. In the last couple of months, we have been having earthquakes every day. Most are minor enough that we don't feel them, but regardless, they are happening. Then one day last week, there were over 100 in one day! The following day the biggest one struck, a 4.7. We were in bed and it woke us up. The bed was shaking and all of the stuff in the house was rattling. It was pretty scary, but no harm done. All of the seismologists seem to be a little baffled by the occurrences. They say that it is no longer a matter of if but when there will be a big one. Several people I know have their 72 hour kits packed and set by the door. I guess now that I am home, I should make it a priority to update my kits and do the same. It's been kind of freaky here and many people are really scared! Here is the news story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24332073/

No comments: