That's right, we are expecting! Don't get too excited yet, for us that doesn't mean much until we get past 12 weeks. But many of you knew that we were on fertility treatments and that I would have news any day, so we are sharing the good news with everyone. I know that it is really early, but for us, we might as well let everyone know what is going on so that if we do have another miscarriage, we don't have to backtrack and explain it to everyone.
So, this makes the 6th time that we have been pregnant. I definitely have the first trimester down, I've gone through it enough times! For those of you who may not know, I have been seeing a reproductive endocrinologist (RE) to see if we can somehow create and maintain a healthy pregnancy. I was told that I have a 60% chance of carrying any pregnancy to term. After dozens of tests, there are still no answers as to why my body continues to miscarry. So my RE had me on a regimen this time around that may or may not work. There is no proof that it will work, but it is just something that we tried.
Here is what we did: I had to take a medication called Femara for five days. It is a fertility medicine, much like Clomid. Then I received an injection with the HCG hormone in it that triggers ovulation. Although I ovulate fine on my own, my RE wanted to do this on a very specific day to make sure that I ovulated a healthy egg. I guess if your body ovulates later, then there can be some hormone problems. I have since been on daily progesterone treatments since then and will continue with that until we reach 10 weeks pregnant.
The reason for all of this is that progesterone often can help with miscarriage, if you have a deficiency for it. I actually don't. But my RE wanted to give this regimen a try anyway. Like I said, nothing has been proven to work for this, this is just a regimen that the doctors routinely do at this point, "just because." So, here's to hoping that, "just because" works for us. We'll keep you posted!
11 years ago
8 comments:
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I was showing Justin the video of Camden at the zoo last night and he noticed the "womb widget". It was before you published this post, so all we saw was the widget. We thought you were being quite sneaky.
We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
I will keep you guys in my prayers! I would tell you to be lazy and not lift a finger, but I know that's impossible with a toddler. I will just hope that you gets some good naps in while Camden is napping. I took tons of naps when I was pregnant with Brooklyn-it was awesome!
Congratulations! We love you and are glad you are trying so hard to bring us more grandchildren.
Love, MOM & DAD
I am so happy for you! I will keep you in our prayers, and please call if you need anything at all! Camden is always welcome to come play at our house anytime when you need a break, dr appointments or just whenever.
Love,
Danila
Hey Julie! I found your blog from Miranda's....just wanted to say "hi". Congrats, hope everything goes well.
I am so happy for you! I really hope you can sustain this one! I am impressed with how positive you sound I really admire you. I haven't been blogging much since Annie is here and I was just going to post Natalie's e-mail when I realized she did a few comments up. So anyways Good Luck and I will keep you in our prayers!
Yeah! Congratulations Julie and Aaron. We are so happy for you and will keep you in our prayers!!!
Post a Comment