Friday, September 26, 2008

Ani gives birth!

Yesterday Ani gave birth to her twins, Aderah & Veiyah. Of course we knew that Aderah was going to be still-born, and that is such a tragedy. But on the bright side, Veiyah is doing well. Ani was 30 weeks along, and Veiyah weighs 2 lbs, 5 oz., and is 16.5 inches long. She will be in the NICU for a long time and is scheduled to have heart surgery next week. She will have to have several follow up surgeries, but the good news is that the doctors don't see anything that isn't correctable!

I am sure that Ani is filled with mixed emotions as one daughter has lived and one has not. But I wanted to share the good news about Veiyah with any of you who have been following her story.

1 comment:

Lara Zierke said...

Aaron still officially has a job at Deloitte, right?

So happy about your little girl! You can't take any of my names! :)

I hung out with Maria and Miranda Finch last night and had a blast. We thought about you.