Friday, November 7, 2008

Zap!!

 

Camden has never been interested in electrical outlets. But even so, we have always had those little safety things in them, just in case. Well, for Halloween, I bought a little light up pumpkin that he was kind of obsessed with. He kept unplugging it and moving it around the house to try to plug into different outlets. I would constantly tell him that only mommy or daddy was allowed to plug/unplug the pumpkin because the outlet could give him ow-ies. So the other day, Camden was playing with the keys from the filing cabinet, as he often does. Then I heard this blood curtling scream and he came around the corner with his hand outstretched saying, "Owie, Owie, Owie!" I asked what happened, and he said, "pumpkin, owie." Without even looking at the outlet, I swooped him up in my arms to make sure he was okay. When I determined he was, I proceeded to lecture and remind him that was why only mommy or daddy touch the pumpkin light. Then I turned around and saw keys sticking out of the outlet! I let out a little scream and yelled, "Oh No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!! We do not put keys in the outlet!" So of course he started crying again because I had kind of lost it and started yelling about the whole thing. Well, I think Camden learned a valuable lesson, outlets make owies. I guess he got zapped pretty good, but luckily there were no burns or anything and there was no eletcrical damage either. I am so thankful that it wasn't worse. Whenever Camden sees keys, the outlet, or the pumpkin, he immediately says, "no, no, no, owies." Hopefully he remembers that!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

W.W. said...

Yikes! I'm just waiting for Noah to try that... Glad he's ok!

Lara Zierke said...

Poor kid. It sucks that little ones have to learn through trial and error like that.

Anonymous said...

hehe, that's how they learn eh? The whole hand on the stove or smoke a cigarette with your parents kinda thing. haha jk. I'm so glad he's okay!! What a cutie! xoxo Love u.

Frederick Family said...

Wow I don't think we ever experienced that. I however have my own story of trying to plug in a pumpkin light into and outlet, getting zapped, having black on my fingers and Debbie Leeflang being the one at our house babysitting us. I was about 4 or 5 so I don't remember much, but I feel Camden's pain.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Poor Camden. That looks like it hurt alot!

Carlie said...

Oh poor little guy! I always worry about that one, lucky for us, it's never happened. Sorry he had to have it happen to him. Not fun!

EaGLeSToNs said...

I think Camden is now qualified to teach a class on outlet safety. Poor little guy. That would be so scary (for both of you!) Glad to hear he is ok!