11 years ago
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Thanksgiving
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was great and we can't thank my parents enough for making sure that we had a Thanksgiving this year. On the Sunday prior to the big day, I was having a lot of really sharp pains and contractions. So we decided to lay low and stay home from church. I stayed in bed all day, trying to get the pains to calm down. We weren't sure what we were going to do because Aaron had a CPA test to take on Wednesday, 11/26, and needed every last minute available to study. But with me kind of out of commission and needing help, we weren't sure how it was possible that he would be able to study.
My parents happened to call us that day to see how things were going and we told them of the predicament. They offered to come and help. I knew that they already had Thanksgiving plans, so I told them to just come until Wednesday and then go home to be with Brad's family. So they jumped in the car and came on up. But they decided to stay the whole week, which was great.
Aaron spent a lot of time studying. He stayed at the office to have peace and quiet and didn't quit until 2:00 a.m. for both Monday & Tuesday. He took his test on Wednesday, & hopefully we will have some positive results from that! Thanks so much to my parents for the help, without it, Aaron would not have had this precious and much needed study time.
Thanksgiving day turned out to be eventful for me. The night before, Camden was up for a good part of the night crying out in pain that his ears hurt. He has had a lingering cold for the last couple of weeks, so I was worried that it might come to this. So early Thanksgiving morning, I found a Pediatric Urgent care that I took him to. The doctor discovered a horrible double ear infection. I spent the first half of the day chasing around to the doctor and then trying to find a pharmacy that was open. I was exhausted from very little sleep, and Camden was miserable. Due to the lack of sleep and having to carry Camden around everywhere since he was sick and just wanted to be held, I was wiped and having a lot of contractions.
We got home and I put Camden to bed, and I had to get off of my feet. My poor mom did the dinner almost all by herself since I was no help at all. Aaron did do the turkey and my dad did the potatoes, but mom did the rest. We laughed about it later saying that if she hadn't been there we probably just would've gone to a casino to eat Thanksgiving dinner. The food was delicious and there was such a spread. Camden was too sick to eat anything, except for pumpkin pie that is! Every time my dad would get a slice of pie, Camden would eat almost the whole thing. I allowed it only because he had to eat something and if it was pie, then a sick child should have pie.
Once Thanksgiving was said and done, my mom & dad turned into cleaning fairies and helped to get my filthy house very clean. I am trying to keep it that way! They went home on Saturday, in spite of my protesting. :) Thanks again for the help, there's no way that Aaron would have been able to take his test or that we would have had Thanksgiving without you! Plus Camden loved having grandma and grandpa around and you were both good sports about playing with Camden and his toys endlessly in his bedroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
your parents are true angles. Good luck on the test results and the pregnancy.:)
I'm so glad your parents were able to come to your aid with some much needed help!
Oh Julie! I'm so glad your parents were there to help you. I hope Camden is feeling better so you can rest young lady-even though it's hard. Good luck with Aaron and his test results. We'll pray for you guys:)
Post a Comment