Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In a funk

I haven't been blogging lately because I can't really seem to bring myself to sit down and use my brain enough to put words on paper, or fingers on the keyboard, or whatever. So here's a quick update on the bigger events in our lives.

Aaron is working out of town this month. He is currently in Orange County, Ca, and starting next week he will spend a few weeks in Illinois. There hasn't been a lot of work for Aaron here in Reno, so the traveling begins. I wonder if this is something that could go on indefinitely since the economy isn't that great.

Also on the topic of Aaron... he pushed his CPA test back to this Saturday, the 10th. He will fly home on Friday night, take the test Saturday morning, and then fly out to Illinois on Sunday morning. So please keep him in your prayers that he will pass this final section!

On the baby front, things are still progressing really well. I still have contractions and I still have to take it easy, but that's it. It's not any worse, not any better, and the baby is growing great, which is the best part. I figure I will only take it easy for about 4 more weeks, and then if she wants to come early, let her come!

Two weeks ago the Bishop called me in to release me as the Young Women's President. I kind of felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. It hasn't even been a year! So of course it makes me think that I must not have been doing a good job. He swears that it's because he doesn't want to see me struggling with Camden, and a newborn, with Aaron out of town, etc., etc. I do appreciate that he is looking out for me, but it was still such a shock. I was just finally getting into a good rhythm of things! I guess my Bishop isn't an equal opportunity employer, ha, ha! Good thing it's all volunteer work so that I don't have to call the ACLU for being discriminated against for having kids! In case you can't read my tone, that was a joke. But I was very sad to say good-bye to the girls. I am now trying to figure out what to do with all the free time I have. It kind of stinks with Aaron being gone and not having YW to take up some of my time!

Next week, on the 15th, I will go to St. George for a couple of weeks while Aaron is gone. No point sticking around here!

So that's our current circumstance in a nutshell. I promise I will post about Christmas and all that stuff later, as soon as I can motivate myself to download the pictures off of my camera.

2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Sorry about your release. Sometimes I wish I could be released. :) I'm supposed to have a team teacher for my Sunday school class so we can alternate who teaches every other week, but the other guy just stopped coming. Makes it hard for traveling. I would love to come see you in St. George if it weren't for that.

jamirodana said...

Oh, sorry about everything. I know those times....pregnant, hubby gone, etc.... Blah.
Stay strong! Hope the baby comes soon and nice and easy:)