Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sad

Aaron's grandpa was killed in an accident on Thursday, back in Pennsylvania. ( http://obits.lancasteronline.com/index.php?p=2262717) Aaron was working in L.A., and I am here in St. George with Camden. We made plans to fly to PA on Friday to be with family. On Friday morning I really started second guessing the wisdom in me traveling cross country with 27 days left of the pregnancy and a toddler in tow. After discussing with Aaron, we decided that it was best for me to stay behind. I was very sad to come to that decision, especially because I felt fine.

Well a few hours into Friday I began to have some horrible lower back cramps and strong contractions. I thought, oh wow, I am going into labor, and I am so glad that I am not on that airplane. So I got in the tub to ease the pain a little. After about an hour everything calmed down and I have been fine since, so I figure that was the Lord's way of telling me I had made the right decision. (Couldn't I have just had a dream or something? LOL)

So now Aaron is back in PA with his family and Camden and I are still in St. George. I feel so sad that I can't be there, I feel sad that his grandpa died so tragically, and I feel sad that once again, Aaron's grandma and dad don't get to see Camden.

Aaron flies back to L.A. on Tuesday and will be there until Friday. No word on what next week will hold for his work schedule. I plan to go back to Reno on Wednesday since I have a prenatal appointment on Thursday. I hope that I don't have any more crazy labor pains until after I'm back in Reno. The last think I want to do is deliver the baby in the car on the rural highways of Nevada. Yikes!

5 comments:

Danila said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't able to go with Aaron, but it's obvious that you made a very good decision. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well, hang in there and make it home safely. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Pamela said...

I am sorry to ehar about Aaron's grandpa, please pass our condolances to him. I am also glad that you did not go into labor early.

Cherie Nelson said...

I'm so sorry about Aaron's grandpa. What sad news! I think you made the right decision not going, but what a hard one to make!

Only 27 days?!? You can do it Julie!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. As hard as it was to stay, I think that it was the best decision for you and the baby. We miss you here in Reno!

Kelly said...

Julie and Aaron, I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm grateful that you and the baby are safe and everything is going well. Good luck with baby #2 and keep us posted!