Thursday, May 28, 2009

A visit from Aaron's dad in March

I have been meaning to blog about many things for the longest time. I know that I am a bit behind, but I definitely wanted to include pictures from the visit we had with Aaron's dad. George lives in Tampa, FL, and we rarely get to see him. He was able to come for a wonderful visit a couple of months ago. While he was with us in Reno, we went to the Circus and had a great time. It also turned out that the weekend that he came was the weekend that Audrey was blessed. This was the first time that George was able to actually "meet" Camden and interact with him. There were two other brief occassions, but they were at a wedding and a funeral, so the two of them didn't really get to "hang out," so to speak. Camden was a little confused at first about having two grandpas since prior to this he really only knew my father, but he caught on really quick and had a blast with Grandpa Groff. It was a lot of fun.
Audrey was pretty good as well. At this time she was not sleeping very well and was extremely fussy. Well, we all went to the circus together and I fully expected that she and I would spend most of the time outside. Guess what? She slept the ENTIRE time. It's now a big joke to us that when we can't get her to sleep that we should just go to the circus.
Camden enjoyed the circus a lot. He got to go on a pony ride and he enjoyed several of the shows. Funny thing is, he did not like the elephants. He kept saying that the elephants were scary. For several nights after the circus, he would wake up crying saying that the elephants were in his room. He was having nightmares about them. Poor kid.
Anyway, here are some fun pictures from Grandpa Groff's visit.



Aaron's Dad, Aaron, & Julie's Dad with Audrey on her blessing day
Grandpa Groff with Camden, Audrey and Marley... getting acquainted with the 3 grandkids :)


Camden and Grandpa Groff at the circus, enjoying the pony ride.



The scary elephants


Enjoying the circus with Grandpa Groff and Daddy.




4 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Oh, so fun! Justin and I took the twins to the Hogle Zoo when they were about 20 months old and all the big animals freaked them out - the polar bears, the elephants, the rhinos, the giraffes. It was kinda funny. We stood way far away just to see them and if we got any closer they would just cry. It was unfortunate because it was Justin's first time at a zoo and he couldn't see the coolest animals up close. :)

Looks like you had a blast. How fun that Camden is old enough to enjoy things like that.

Lara Zierke said...

Also, is Audrey wearing one of your baby dresses?

I need you to post recent pictures of Audrey please.

CM Stephensen said...

So cool! I saw the pictures of the circus and thought, "I didn't know the circus was in town". Took me a few seconds to realize it's not........ so sad, I was totally thinking you guys were here!

Thanks for the cool baby stuff! I'm really excited about the swadler gave me! I was just going through everything today sorting out what needed to be washed before Abby get's here!
We miss you guys!!

Danila said...

We love the circus! We seem to end up there every year, I love the expression that Camden has in the last picture.