Camden's little two-year-old personality is really starting to shine through, with a lot of attitude. Here are some of the latest things that he has been saying and doing.
1. His new favorite movie is Bambi. The other day we were watching the part where the hunters are shooting at the deer the very first time, before Bambi's mom dies. Camden was concerned and asked if Bambi's mother got shot. I said no, not this time. He looks at me and said, "Audrey got shot." I assured him that Audrey didn't get shot. Then later in the day I was rethinking that little encounter and realized that morning we had taken Audrey in to get her shots at the doctor's office. I had told Camden that Audrey was going to get shots and they were going to be owie and she wouldn't feel good for a few days. Poor kid must have thought Audrey was going to be shot with a gun.
2. Lately when Camden gets mad he yells, "Fair!" Aaron was questioning what this meant and I explained that Camden has not yet mastered the whole phrase of "N-O fair." I spelled it to make sure that Camden wouldn't catch on and start repeating it. Well, he out smarted me and he now spells it out, just how I did to Aaron. Sometimes he even goes so far as to say, "N-O-P-Q-R-S Fair!" It's so hysterical.
3. Every day Camden wakes up and asks me, "Where we going today, we going to Reno today?" I have to tell him that we aren't going to Reno, but just for fun, I always ask what's in Reno. He always replies, "Hannah in Reno." (I will soon be doing a post about Hannah, for those of you who don't know who she is.)
4. Whenever we are driving into our driveway Camden asks if we are going home. I tell him that yes, we are home. He will then say that no, this is the Arizona house, Camden's house is in Reno.
5. Today he ran out the back door and told me that he was running away. How does he know what that means at age 2?
6. Every day he wakes up and says, "Nice sunny day!" That's a quote from Bambi, but living in Arizona, it's usually pretty accurate every day.
7. Whenever we go into the garage he pulls out his sled and puts it in the driveway and sits on it, as if waiting for the snow to come so that he can sled. I have explained to him that there isn't any snow here. So now he just calls his sled his magic carpet. If he doesn't see it right away, he'll always ask where his magic carpet is.
8. Aaron has always called me "Babe" as a nickname. In fact, I rarely even hear Aaron use my name. Some times I wonder if he even knows what it is. :) Lately, Camden now calls me babe, especially if he is concerned about something. The other day I hit my nose on something and cried out in pain. Camden came running over and said, "What's wrong, Babe? You alright Babe?"
11 years ago
4 comments:
Hi, my name is Rachel. We kinda went to High School together, (if it helps I'm part of all that Sommer clan) I graduated a year after you. Your little sister Laura graduated with my little sister, and she and Justin were also in our ward when they lived in Ammon, they lived across the street from my parents and we had them over a couple times. I was browsing her blog and looking at her cute pictures of her new little one, and was looking at all the blogs she reads and I saw yours and read it. (I hope you aren't finding me too snoopy) Anyway, I saw your husband got a job with Tucson Electric. We are living in Tucson as well. My husband is getting his PhD at UofA. I have 3 girls and a baby boy. Hadley 6, Avery 5, Lauren 3 next week, and Gabe 4 months. I would love to get together and remaniss (is that how it's spelled?) about high school and IF and stuff. Where do you guys live? I saw you are looking into Rancho Sahuarita which is in our stake, for a minute they are splitting everything up on the 21st. You can find me on Facebook - Rachel Welker Allen- or email me irawski@hotmail.com or check out our blog jnrallenfamily.blogspot.com
I would love to get together. I hope I don't sound too nosy, I know what it's like to move to a new town and not know anyone, especially a town like Tucson!
We miss you guys in Reno, too!!!!
Julie, thank you for sharing these Camdenisms! You write so beautifully and I really feel like I can get to know him and your experience with him. This is such a wonderful age. Even though we live on the other side of the US, your blog keeps us close!
Too cute! I love that Camden is still claiming Reno as his home, we miss you guys.
Post a Comment