Monday, August 31, 2009

A quick update

It's been a while since I have posted anything, so I thought I would give a quick update on Camden's condition. His finger started to develop a contracture a couple of weeks ago, so we were advised to be more aggressive with physical therapy to help with the curling of his finger. The PT has been helping, but his finger isn't perfect yet, and it may never be. Corrective surgery may be an option at a later time if the contracture hinders his mobility, but we are really hoping that we can just correct it with PT. I'll post pictures of it later.

On top of the contracture issue, the incision at his donor site decided to open up for some strange reason, one month post-op. What's up with that? The docs. will not re-stitch it. So now he has a gaping wound that we get to contend with. It is on the mend though, but we have to be really cautious of infection now since the wound is open. He has been on antibiotics for the last ten days and has been banned from the swimming pool yet again.

We have done some fun things and when I get a chance I will post about those as well as include some pictures.

No comments: