Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Strasburg, PA

We also ventured over to Strasburg, PA, which is a town about 10 minutes from where Aaron grew up. This is the cutest little farming and Amish town, and I could totally live there. We went to the Choo Choo barn which has a ton of model trains and villages. It's amazing and if you're into that kind of thing then just email me and I can show you pictures of it. This place also had a Thomas the tank Engine store which had all things Thomas. I got a few things to compliment Camden's new Thomas the Train bed and Camden had a lot of fun there. There is actually a real Thomas steam engine that comes through there and you can ride on it, but we missed it by a week. Oh well, maybe next time.

There was this cool old train track back behind all of the buildings. Camden was having so much fun just playing in the grass and chasing around with Hailey that we just stayed there for a while and hung out. I couldn't get over how beautiful everything was, so I took a gazillion pictures. Sorry if you get bored during this slideshow, but I just thought the scenery was amazing.



The following slideshow is some of the scenery around Strasburg. There are beautiful farms, Amish buggies, and the coolest old houses. I want to live in one of the old stone houses there. I'd love it! I am in total disbelief of how Aaron could have no desire to live there anymore. I found the whole place (all of Lancaster, CO) enchanting an beautiful. He had to keep reminding me that we were there during one of the most beautiful times but come winter I would not be saying the same thing.

1 comment:

Hays Family said...

I loved looking all of your pictures. The Eastern United States is so green and lush and I do love the houses there. Glad you got to visit and have an enjoyable time.