We were blessed with the opportunity to meet Lara's newest addition, Noelle. I was able to go to the sealing which is a religious ceremony where families are "sealed" together for all eternity and do not part at death. When a couple is married in the temple and then go on to have biological children they do not have a sealing ceremony for those children because they are already sealed to them during the marriage ceremony, even though the children aren't born yet. It's called "born in the covenant." However, when a couple adopts, even though that couple has been married in the temple, the adopted children have not been "born in the covenant" so it is necessary to have them sealed to the adoptive parents. Usually children do not enter the temple, but in this case they do. So my sister Lara and her husband Justin were able to have Joci and Noelle in the temple with them as Noelle was "sealed" to them. It was a reverent and special event and I am thankful that I was able to be a part of it.
 |
| Back row: Jordan, Cindy, Mom and Dad; Front Row: Julie, Justin, Lara, Joci, Noelle, and Stephanie |
|
 |
| Joci and Lara |
 |
| Justin, Lara, Joci, and Noelle |
 |
| I just love how Joci is kissing Noelle here |
 |
| And how she is snuggling her here |
 |
| Joci loved her beautiful dress and felt like a Princess |
|
Rexburg, Idaho Temple; I didn't get a picture of the entire temple
with my cameraso I borrowed one from the Internet. It's a beautiful
temple set in the Idaho countryside, surrounded by fields. |
|

1 comment:
Looks like a great trip! You guys really packed in the fun. How neat to go to that sealing as well. Miss you!
Post a Comment