Sunday, November 25, 2012

Audrey

Miss Audrey Hepburn
First day of preschool
She loves her Dora backpack
This is my Audrey.  She is currently three years old and full of spunk.  Audrey loves to wear skirts and insists on one each day because princesses wear skirts.  If I try to dress her in a pair of shorts or pants she adamantly states that she wants a skirt.

She started preschool in August and loves it.  I am always surprised with the amount of knowledge that she has and the things she can do.  She can almost write her name without any help and can also write many individual letters as well and knows the sounds they each make.  She loves all things Dora, My Little Pony, and of course, Disney Princesses.  Her favorite colors are, what else, pink and purple!

That may seem all girl, but she is as rough and tumble as they come.  She is a daredevil who will climb anything, jump off anything, run off in public and sass anyone.  I don't know how we haven't ended up in the ER yet with her, but somehow we have dodged that one.  She is also extremely independent and she often tells me that "big girls don't need help," or "big girls do it this way or that way..."

She is also pretty dang funny.  One time we were at the doctor for Patrick when he broke out in hives and had a fever.  While in an exam room waiting for the doctor, she started complaining to me about her scraped knee.  I told her when the doctor came in she could tell the doctor all about it.  So she promptly opened the door and shouted down the hall, "HELP!  We need a doctor in here!"  When the doctor came she looked at Audrey, then looked at Patrick, and stated, "I'm guessing I'm here to see the boy with hives and not the girl with a scraped knee?"

Speaking of funny doctor's appointments, last week I had a little eye infection so I went to my doctor.  As the doctor was prescribing me some eye drops she asked if I was allergic to any medications.  Audrey piped up that she is allergic to grasshoppers.

I often call Audrey my little tornado because she is a whirlwind in my life.  It's almost as if she is a tornado going through the house pulling off any toy, can of food, pillow, blanket, book, etc. from their locations and dragging them around the house for various projects.  She can undo any area in .5 seconds flat.  And I've learned to never turn my back on this one.  Once she put Vaseline all over her hair, another time it was shaving cream all over her body, and if she is left to her devices she will climb on the kitchen counter, open the spice cupboard and make all sorts of crazy concoctions.  I actually caught one of those on video that I will have to post some time.

Electronic devices are like a magnet for her.  If she sees a computer or cell phone or TV she gravitates straight to it and randomly presses buttons as she "sends messages" to people.  She often tries to text people from my phone, so if you get a goofy text message that is all garble, you'll know it was her.  She once deleted the entire operating system from our laptop.  I didn't know that it could be done, but apparently there is some sort of keyboard shortcut that will do this, so BEWARE!!

I like that she sticks up for herself and goes after what she wants.  Whenever I ask her how she got so pretty she always answers, "Jesus made me pretty."  If I ask her how she got so smart, she will say, "Daddy made me smart!"  She definitely keeps us on our toes, and we love her a lot!

3 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Ah, the dress/skirt issue. We deal with that too. She is such a fun little firecracker. Love my niece!

Lara Zierke said...

Ah, the dress/skirt issue. We deal with that too. She is such a fun little firecracker. Love my niece!

Heather said...

She's so big!